Riml Isidor, the ski pioneer from Sölden, founded the ski school in 1928. The beginnings were modest with 3 ski instructors in Hochsölden.
Fender Serafin took over the helm in 1934 and, with a brief interruption during the Second World War (1938-1943 Koller/Wanner), successfully ran the company until 1977.
By the 1950s, courses were already being held in Innerwald, and even before that (in the 1930s) summer courses were organised at the Siegerlandhütte.
Martin Gstrein presided over the traditional company from 1978 until the turn of the millennium in 2004.
This is when the image of Sölden, the ski resort and also our company changed. We added our Giggijoch subsidiary in the 1970s and when the glacier ski area was opened up, we became an all-year-round ski school.
Gotthard Gstrein has been running the Sölden-Hochsölden Ski School since the 2004/2005 season. The Sölden-Hochsölden Ski School has evolved over the years into an innovative snow sports school with around 130 highly trained instructors serving the village and its guests. Despite the many changes, one thing has never changed over the decades, namely the pure joy of skiing.